DP IELTS Privacy Principles
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We established DP IELTS as a nonprofit organization so that our mission of education and your trust will not be in conflict with a for-profit motive.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We take extra precautions for our younger learners.
- We do not display advertising on DP IELTS. Our mission is to provide you with a world class education, not to sell you products.
Dhammika and Priscilla Perera Foundation (“DP IELTS”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) is a Sri Lankan-based charitable nonprofit organization. As a nonprofit, we use the information we collect to provide you with a better experience and fulfill our mission of providing a free, world- class education for anyone, anywhere. We established ourselves as a nonprofit organization so that a for-profit motive will not interfere with our mission of providing a trusted educational resource.
Collection of information
We collect information in the following ways, depending on your use of the Service:
- We collect information from you directly, such as when you communicate with us, participate in activities, events or surveys, or otherwise provide information during your use of the Service.
- We may collect information from others, such as your Schools, or third parties (meaning organizations outside of DP IELTS), such as third party applications that you use to connect to the Service.
Examples of information we may collect includes:
- Service access information (username, birthdate, and email)
- Information about your browser or device, and general location
- Information you choose to include in your profile or post in public areas of the Service
- Non-personal information which may be linked to your personal information, including Information about your use of our Service
Use of information
DP IELTS uses information collected for the purposes of:
- Providing the Service
- Personalizing your experience
- Communicating with you about your account and our Service (including responding to inquiries and sharing information about new features and offerings that may be of interest)
- Enabling your participation in special programs that we may offer in partnerships with third parties (if you choose to participate in such special programs)
- Understanding and improving our Service, and developing new or improved educational offerings
We may also use de-identified or aggregated information for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving or marketing our Service, for demonstrating the impact of our Service, or conducting educational research.
Sharing and disclosure of information
DP IELTS takes great care to protect the personal information you provide to us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. This section explains circumstances in which we may share personal information with third parties.
We may share personal information:
- With other users of our Service, if you use features that enable you to share your information with (or make it accessible to) others.
- with Vendors, consultants and other service providers working on our behalf.
- with other users that are associated with your account, such as a parent, teacher or coach.
- for compliance purposes, such as when reasonably necessary to protect the security and safety of our users or Service, or when permitted by law.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information that does not reasonably identify any individual.
Sponsorship and Advertising
DP IELTS does not display third party advertisements on our Service. We may, from time to time, incorporate content or link to content provided by third parties that may be of interest to you and relevant to the educational context of our Service. Some of these materials or websites may include branding or advertisements as permitted by the third party owner or operator. For more information, please review Links to third parties.
Please note that we use our best efforts and take multiple steps to avoid the collection of information for targeted advertising purposes when we believe the Service is being used by Students or Children.
- For example, we take steps to inhibit third party advertising networks from collecting information for targeted advertising purposes on webpages with child-directed content or when a Student or Child User uses the Service.
- DP IELTS uses the available privacy functionality in YouTube to display video content on YouTube.
Links to Third Parties
- You should consult the privacy policies of those third party websites.
Contact DP IELTS
Please contact DP IELTS with any questions or comments.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: DP Foundation, 29th Floor, West Tower, World Trade Center, Colombo 01.
If you wish to exercise a right, please Contact DP IELTS. Our ability to respond to specific requests may be limited by applicable law and the functionality of our Service.
International Data Transfer: Our Service is operated and managed on servers located within Sri Lanka. If you choose to use our Service from any other location in the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from law in Sri Lanka, then you acknowledge that DP IELTS will transfer, store, and process your personal information to Sri Lanka for the purpose of performing the Service and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.